Application to First Year Dentistry
Application for admission to first year must be made by completing the official on-line application form available in early October on the admissions page of the school website, www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/ddsadmissions. The application deadline is December 1 for entry the following September.
For further information, please contact the Admissions Coordinator by Phone: 519-661-3744, by Fax: 519-850-2360, or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Original supporting documents must be received no later than December 1. Academic documents not ordered through the on-line application form should be mailed to: Office of the Registrar, Professional Admissions - Dentistry, Room 3140, Western Student Services Building, Western University, London, Ontario N6A 5B8.
All applicants must:
- Submit to OUAC a completed on-line application form. The link to the application form is posted in early October on the Schulich Dentistry admissions page. The competition is open until the end of the deadline day – December 1. An Autobiographical Sketch and other supplemental information will be required as part of the application process.
- Arrange for the DAT official scores to be sent to Schulich Dentistry directly. (The Canadian Dental Association sends transcripts of applicants who have indicated they wish Schulich Dentistry to receive their scores at the time of the writing of the last eligible DAT for the current application cycle.)
- Arrange for any required documents (e.g. transcripts not available electronically, TOEFL, etc.) to be sent to the Registrar’s Office – Professional Admissions.
Official transcripts from EACH university, college or other post-secondary institution applicants have attended are required by the December 1 deadline. For those applicants currently enrolled in undergraduate studies, an official final transcript indicating degree conferred must be sent directly to Professional Admissions – Dentistry by June 30 of the year of entry.
Western students are not required to submit transcripts of their academic record at Western. However, we require official transcripts of all other post-secondary institutions attended. If applying from an Ontario University, students must request all transcripts through the Transcript Request section provided in the online application process. For those applicants who are not applying from an Ontario University, please request that all transcripts, in support of your application, be sent directly to Professional Admissions – Dentistry.
Graduate degree candidates must complete all requirements for their graduate degree (including a successful thesis defense, if applicable) by June 20. No extension of this deadline or deferral of admission will be granted.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that transcripts are forwarded by the applicable Registrar(s) in time to meet the deadline date, and to notify Western’s Professional Admissions office of any subsequent mark revisions on the transcript (this includes Western students).
If reapplying, please note that documents are not retained from year to year. Consequently, all required admissions documents will need to be resubmitted with each application.
Additional Documentation (if applicable)
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the necessary transcripts or reports have been received by the Registrar's Office no later than the December 1 application deadline.
- Applicants submitting academic documentation from outside Canada must provide official transcripts AND official detailed course outlines for any prerequisites.
- Proof of permanent resident status, in the form of a photocopy of the front and back of Permanent Resident card, is required. Canadian citizens do not need to submit proof of citizenship.
- If name change documents are required, a formal request will be sent.
- Proof of proficiency in English for applicants whose first language is not English.
Application to Second Year
Application for admission to second year (advanced standing) must be made by completing the official application form accessible from the Second Year Transfer page of the admissions page of the Schulich Dentistry Admissions website: www.schulich.uwo.ca/dentistry/ddsadmissions. The application deadline for transfer into the program at the second year level is July 1 for entry in September of the same year.
Admission via transfer into the second year at Schulich Dentistry can be considered only if a vacancy exists for that year (spaces sometimes become available due to attrition). Admission beyond the second year of the DDS program is not permitted.
All transfer applicants must submit the following to the Dentistry Admissions office:
For further information, please contact the Admissions Coordinator by phone: 519-661-3744, by fax: 519-850-2360, or by email: email@example.com.
- A completed application form and accompanying application fee
- Official transcripts from each university, college or other post-secondary institution currently/previously attended (including Dental program currently enrolled in)
- Copies of course synopses of previous dental courses taken
- All applicable additional documentation