The Career Centre @ Western
UCC Room 210
The Career Centre @ Western is here to help with each step of your journey to a successful future.
We understand that by coming to Western you have chosen to invest your time, money and effort into setting yourself up for the best possible future. We know that means more than just getting a “job” at the end of your studies….it means finding opportunities that build your skills, knowledge and competencies for a lifetime full of meaningful and fulfilling work.
We can help.
We do this by offering the following:
• CareerCentral, our online portal for event registration and on-line postings including summer, part-time, on campus, full time, new graduate, volunteer, internships, and experiential opportunities for students and alumni.
• Classes and workshops on finding a career path and conducting a strategic job search (e.g. resumes, interview preparation, mock interviews, accessing the hidden job market, “What can I do with a degree in…?”, career interests).
• Employment Help Centre – a drop-in service to help you with your job search questions as well as employment and post-graduate application materials (e.g. resumes, cover letters, personal statements, etc). UCC Room 270 Monday to Friday 2pm-4pm during the school year.
• Job, Career and Education Fairs.
• Experiential learning opportunities such as internship and co-op, service learning, volunteering, and leadership development.
• Career networking events, including Employer Information Sessions.
• Resource library (online and print).
• Individual counselling and career testing.
(check us out at www.career.uwo.ca and https://careercentral.uwo.ca )