Centre for New Students - "Engaging you throughout your undergraduate experience."
Stevenson-Lawson Building 65
(Moving to new Student Services Building in Summer 2009)
The Centre for New Students is commited to enhancing undergraduate students' educational experience. We provide programs and services that facilitate successful student transition, foster local and global citizenship, encourage student leadership, emphasize personal growth, and ignite active engagement.
Our programs and services include:
- Summer Academic Orientation (SAO)
- Scholar's Electives & Western Scholars
- Leadership and Mentorship Program (LAMP)
- Leadership Education Program (LEP)
- Society of Off-Campus Students (SOCS)
- Service-Learning Opportunities
- "Ready for University!" Preparation Course
- Academic Counselling for Mature and Part-time students
- Ready for Intent to Register/What's Your Major?
- What's Next? Getting Ready for Second Year
- Western's Initiative for Scholarly Excellence (WISE)