The Faculty of Social Science Academic Counselling Office is available to assist students in working towards their overall academic goals. Please consult the Social Science Academic Counsellors about any academic concerns, including:
* module and course selection
* degree and graduation requirements
* course changes, withdrawals, special permissions
* requests for academic accommodation for major illnesses or other compassionate problems
* requests for deferred (Special) Examinations or extensions on term work (Incompletes)
* requests for Letters of Permission to attend other universities
* progression requirements, probation, and mandatory withdrawal
* appeal procedures
* interpretation of Senate regulations
Academic Counselling Student Centre (2114 SSC):
The Student Centre is staffed by Counselling Assistants and Student Assistants who will help you with program planning checklists, registration handbooks, web searches and counselling appointments.
Social Sciences Career Counselling (2040 SSC):
Explore career options, develop job search skills, get advice on resume and cover letter development, interview preparation and networking techniques.
The individual departments within the Faculty of Social Science offer specific advice regarding their own courses and module requirements.