Completion of first-year requirements with no failures. Students must have an average of at least 70% in 3.0 principal courses, including either Calculus 1000A/B
and either Calculus 1301A/B
plus 2.0 additional courses, with no mark in these principal courses below 60%. Students who take Calculus 1301A/B
must have a mark of at least 85% in the course. Applied Mathematics 1413
may be substituted for 1.0 Calculus course requirement.
0.5 course from: Applied Mathematics 2811B, Mathematics 2120A/B or the former Mathematics 203b.
0.5 course: Applied Mathematics 2813B.
1.0 course: Calculus 2502A/B, 2503A/B.
0.5 course: Applied Mathematics 2402A or the former Differential Equations 2402A.
0.5 course: Mathematics 2124A/B.
1.0 course: Statistical Sciences 2857A/B or the former 2657A, Statistical Sciences 2858A/B.
0.5 course from: Statistical Sciences 3657A/B or the former 3652A/B.
0.5 course from: Applied Mathematics 3811A/B or Mathematics 3124A/B.
1.0 course from: Group A: Courses Emphasizing Proofs.
• Applied Mathematics 3815A/B or 4615F/G.
• Mathematics 2122A/B, 2155A/B, 2251F/G, 3120A/B, 3122A/B, 3150A/B, 3154A/B, 4123A/B or the former 308a/b.
• Statistical Sciences 3858A/B, 4654A/B.
1.0 course from: Group B: Applications.
• Actuarial Science 2553A/B, 2555A/B.
• Applied Mathematics 3129A/B, 3151A/B, 3613B, 3615A/B, 3813A/B, 3817A/B*, Applied Mathematics 3911F/G, 4129A/B, 4251A, 4351A.
• Mathematics 2156A/B, 3152A/B.
• Statistical Sciences 3843A/B, 3850F/G, 3859A/B, 4521F/G, 4846A/B.
2.0 additional courses from either Group A or Group B.
* May be offered only in odd-numbered academic years.
**May be offered only in even-numbered academic years.