Enrollment in this module requires registration in the BMSc program and is limited. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee that students wishing to enter or progress in this module will be offered enrollment. See BMSc PROGRAM for more detailed information.
Completion of first-year requirements with no failures. Students must achieve a mark of at least 60% in each of the 3.0 (full or half) principal courses below and have an average of at least 70% on these principal courses:
1.0 course: Biology 1001A and 1002B, or the former Biology 1222 or 1223.
1.0 course: Chemistry 1100A/B and 1200B, or the former Chemistry 1020, 1050, or 023.
1.0 course from: Calculus 1000A/B or 1100A/B or 1500A/B, Calculus 1301A/B or 1501A/B, Mathematics 1600A/B or the former Linear Algebra 1600A/B, Mathematics 1225A/B, 1228A/B, 1229A/B, Statistical Sciences 1024A/B, Applied Mathematics 1201A/B or the former Calculus 1201A/B, Applied Mathematics 1413, or the former Mathematics 030.
The following must be completed by the end of second year, with a mark of at least 60% in each half course:
0.5 course from: Physics 1028A/B, 1301A/B or 1501A/B.
0.5 course from: Physics 1029A/B, 1302A/B or 1502A/B.
It is recommended that the two half courses in Physics be taken in the Fall and Winter terms of the same academic year.
Notes for Admission Requirements:
1. Biology 1201A with a mark of at least 70% may be used in place of Biology 1001A, and Biology 1202B with a mark of at least 70% may be used in place of Biology 1002B.
2. Either the former Physics 1020 or 1024 with a minimum mark of 60%, may be used in place of two half courses in Physics listed above.
(Because of prerequisite requirements it is recommended that the courses be taken in the order presented.)
0.5 course: Biochemistry 2280A.
0.5 course: Biology 2581B.
0.5 course from: Biology 2244A/B or Statistical Sciences 2244A/B, or the former Statistical Sciences 2122A/B.
0.5 course from: Chemistry 2213A/B or 2273A.
0.5 course from: Chemistry 2223B or 2283G.
1.0 course from: Biology 2290F/G, 2382B, Chemistry 2211A/B, 2214A/B, 2374A or the former 2274A, Chemistry 2384B or the former 2284B.
2.0 courses: Biochemistry 3380G, 3381A, 3382B, 3390A.
2.5 courses: Biochemistry 4410A, 4420A or the former 4420B, Biochemistry 4483E (Research Project = 1.5 courses).
1.5 courses from: Biochemistry 4400G or the former 4400F, Biochemistry 4430B, 4435B, 4445F, 4450A, 4463G, 4465A, the former Biochemistry 4440A.
Notes for Module:
1. Students registered in Year 3 or 4 of the Honors Specialization module in 2011 or earlier will require only 9.0 courses for the module (Biochemistry 3390A will not be required).
2. Enrollment in Biochemistry 3381A and 3390A requires a minimum mark of 65% in Biochemistry 2280A; either Chemistry 2213A/B with a minimum mark of 65% or Chemistry 2273A with a minimum mark of 60%; and either Chemistry 2223B with a minimum mark of 65% or Chemistry 2283G with a minimum mark of 60%.
2. It is recommended that students include at least one of Biology 2290F/G, Chemistry 2214A/B, or Chemistry 2374A (or the former Chemistry 2284B).