Students from other provinces in Canada are eligible for admission to first year at this university on the basis of Senior Matriculation, if their academic records meet, in subject matter and standing obtained, the requirements for admission to this University and to a recognized university in their own province.
Provided that the subjects are acceptable for admission, the following certificates and/or academic standings are considered as Senior Matriculation:
Grade 12 in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
For Quebec, Grade 12 or its equivalent, i.e., completion of first year CEGEP (General Program) or Collegial Program at Bishop's, McGill, or Concordia University, with appropriate standing. [Note: Applicants who present the Diplome d'etude Collegiale with at least second class standing may be eligible for advanced standing in certain first year subjects.]
Province of Quebec (CEGEP's)
The requirements for admission with advanced standing shall be based on completion of the two-year CEGEP general program subsequent to the Province of Quebec Grade 11 completion, and subject to standing satisfactory to the Senate Subcommittee on Admissions, and approval of the department(s) concerned, and subject to the following conditions:
- No consideration will be given to graduates of CEGEP's by the Faculties of Law, Medicine, and Dentistry, until such time as the work completed at the CEGEP together with that completed at Western (or at another university elsewhere) is considered equivalent to completion of second year of an appropriate Western University program.
- Applicants to Year Three of the Program in Business Administration must also present a level of achievement equivalent to that demanded in #1.
- Students graduating from the Three-year Program (Professional) leading to qualification as a technician or technologist at the CEGEP shall be considered for admission as we now consider graduates in these fields from Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology (CAAT) in Ontario.
Admission requirements for the Province of Quebec are: Grade 12 or its equivalent, i.e., completion of first year CEGEP (General Program), with appropriate standing.
Note: Applicants who present Diplome d'etude Collegiale with at least second class standing may be eligible for advanced standing in certain subjects as follows:
- CEGEP applicants who have completed a minimum of twelve semester credits in the pre-university program with an average of 70% or better are eligible for admission consideration to Year I.
- CEGEP applicants who are registered in or have completed Year II in the pre-university program may be eligible for transfer credit consideration up to a maximum of five full (or equivalent) courses or first year of a professional program in accordance with established procedures. An average of 75% or better is required for advanced standing consideration on approved course equivalencies.
- CEGEP applicants who have completed two years of a Career Program are eligible for transfer credit consideration for those courses that satisfy approved course equivalency guidelines.
Other Canadian Provinces SR.96-238
CEGEP Applicants S.96-238
Province of Quebec SR.99-82