The hours of instruction at Western University will be:
8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Friday
As a subcategory of the above, the hours of instruction for first-entry undergraduate programs at Western University will be:
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday
• Exceptions, for sound academic reasons, may be made for make-up classes with the consent of the Dean of the Faculty.
• Classes during the 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. time period are scheduled only at the request of the department.
• Evening classes at 6:00 p.m. or later begin on the hour.
• Graduate and second-entry professional programs and Scholar's Elective programming may have classes that deviate from this schedule from time to time based on the needs of the instructor or students.
• Class lectures, laboratories, tutorials, clinics and seminars always finish 10 minutes before the end times that appear in the Master Timetable, e.g., the timetable may indicate that a class begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 9:30 a.m. but, in fact, the class will end at 9:20 a.m. to allow students 10 minutes to get to the next class.