The Division of Housing and Ancillary Services provides a comprehensive on-campus and off-campus housing service.

Single Student Residences

519- 661-3547
Room 102, Elgin Hall

Traditional-Style Residences: Delaware Hall, Medway Hall, Saugeen-Maitland Hall, Sydenham Hall, Westminster College.

Suite-Style Residences: Alumni House, Elgin Hall, Essex Hall

Admission Procedures for Residence

First-year students are guaranteed a residence space if they are coming directly from high school and receive an offer of full-time, first-year admission to main campus (i.e., students from affiliate colleges Brescia, Huron or Kings are ineligible to aply). All other first-year students who are single and have been offered full-time admission to main campus by mid-May are assigned in waiting-list order.

Returning students can apply to residence through the online residence application available in January 2002.

Single Student Apartments

519- 661-3250
Room 105, Bayfield Hall

Glenmore Single Student Apartments: Ausable, Bayfield, Beaver, and Lambton Halls

Family Housing

519- 661-4561
Platt's Lane Estates

Platt's Lane Estates: apartments and townhouses for married students and students with families

Off-Campus Housing Service

519- 661-3550
Elgin Hall 109

Western offers an Off-Campus Housing Service for students who are looking for off-campus accommodation. This office functions strictly on a self-serve basis, providing up-to-date listings of a variety of rooms, apartments, and houses. Computers are available to create personalized housing searches based on amenities such as rental price, location, and housing type.

Self-service listings may be viewed seven days a week from 8:30 am until 8:30 pm (including statutory holidays). Listings are available on our website and are updated daily. Staff are available for assistance Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm and for limited hours on weekends during May to August.

Housing Mediation Service

519- 661-3787
Elgin Hall 102

The Mediation service is a free, confidential resource that seeks and assists in the resolution of problems between students and landlords, students and London residents and/or students, and students in the areas of housing and lifestyles. The service offers the concerned parties a forum to present and discuss their problems before a neutral third party. It facilitates the resolution process by providing information to the parties and by suggesting approaches to the handling of problems.

Academic Calendar

[Previous] [Parent] [Next]

[Table of Contents] [Index]
[Courses by Subject] [Courses by Name] [Awards by Category] [Awards by Name] [Calendar Search]