For students admitted to the Honours Specialization in Kinesiology - BSc in September 2022 and prior, please refer to the 2021 Academic Calendar.
Completion of first year requirements with no course grade less than 60% on a full course load, and with an average of at least 70% in their 5.0 course load.
Students must achieve an average of 70% in the following 3.0 principal courses, with no mark less than 60%:
Students are also required to complete 1.0 courses from the subject areas of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics as follows:
Note: The Honours Specialization in Kinesiology - BSc is a limited enrollment program. More competitive academic standing may be required when demand exceeds enrollment capacity. In the event demand exceeds enrollment capacity a student’s term average will also be taken into consideration. Admission to the module is restricted to students registered in the School of Kinesiology.
1.0 course: Kinesiology 2230A/B, Kinesiology 2241A/B (must be taken in second year).
1.0 course from: Kinesiology 2900 – 2999 (must be taken in second year).
0.5 course: Kinesiology 2032A/B (must be taken in second year).
0.5 course in Kinesiology at the 2000 level (not including Kinesiology 2900-2999).
0.5 course from: Kinesiology 3341A/B, Kinesiology 3343A/B, Kinesiology 3353A/B.
1.0 course: Kinesiology 3330F/G, Kinesiology 3337A/B.
1.0 course from: Kinesiology 3343A/B, Kinesiology 3353A/B, Kinesiology 4430F/G, Kinesiology 4432A/B, Kinesiology 4433A/B, Kinesiology 4490E, Kinesiology 4520A/B, the former Kinesiology 4450A/B (not previously selected).
3.5 additional Kinesiology courses at the 2000 level or above (not including Kinesiology 2900-2999), of which 1.0 must be from: Kinesiology 2250A/B, Kinesiology 2263F/G, Kinesiology 2276F/G, Kinesiology 2292F/G, Kinesiology 3362F/G, Kinesiology 3388A/B, Kinesiology 3463F/G, Kinesiology 3476F/G, Kinesiology 3490F/G, Kinesiology 4259F/G, Kinesiology 4276F/G, Kinesiology 4465F/G.
For module planning guide go to the School of Kinesiology website: http://www.uwo.ca/fhs/kin/
1. Students in this module must select four full or equivalent science options from the 2100 level or above.
2. Up to 1.0 of the 4.0 Science credits may be at the 1000-level, from the following list:
3. Up to 2.0 of the 4.0 Science credits may be taken from the following list of Kinesiology courses (not previously selected). Kinesiology 3339A/B, Kinesiology 3341A/B, Kinesiology 3343A/B, Kinesiology 3347A/B, Kinesiology 3353A/B, Kinesiology 3360A/B, Kinesiology 3480A/B, Kinesiology 4420A/B, Kinesiology 4430F/G, Kinesiology 4432A/B, Kinesiology 4434A/B, Kinesiology 4480A/B, Kinesiology 4490E, Kinesiology 4520A/B.
4. Kinesiology students graduating with the Honours Bachelor of Science Degree Honours Specialization in Kinesiology are recognized as having met the University graduation policies pertaining to Science course requirements.
5. All students must complete a Statistics course as a co-requisite to Kinesiology 2032A/B.
6. All Honours Specialization modules in Kinesiology require the successful completion of at least 1.0 4000-level Kinesiology credits prior to graduation.
7. A maximum of 12.5 Kinesiology Credits may be taken in any Honours Specialization degree or module.